Let's Get To Know The Choir Kids!
The DP Jazz Choir is essentially one big family where all the students know, love, and support each other. But with the new year and the welcoming of new students, we didn't personally know everyone yet. So, we decided we had to get to know each other somehow and what better way than to answer some questions!
Our president Maggie, co-vice presidents Brooke and Nicole, and myself as Head of Marketing compiled a list of questions that would give everybody a sense of their peers, their interests and why they love choir, etc. Each student picked their 5 favorite questions and answered them or they could make up their own questions they thought they would relate to most. The questions were as follows:
1. What is your favorite thing about choir?
2. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
3. How long have you been singing?
4. Why did you decide to join choir?
5. What drives you to pursue music?
6. If you could sing in any place in the world, where would it be?
7. What is your favorite class in school?
8. What is your favorite genre of music to sing?
9. What are your hobbies outside of choir?
10. If you were a sea creature, what would you be?
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you would bring and why?
12. Who has inspired you in your life and why?
13. How do you evaluate success?
14. Where do you see yourself in 100 years?
15. What does your joy look like?
16. Who has been your biggest inspiration?
17. What would you do with 15 minutes of fame?
18. If you could give yourself an award, what would it be for?
19. Are you a Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin?
20. Team Edward or Team Jacob?
Now, there are roughly 50 kids in all three choirs so we won't drag out the blog post for 10 pages. What we've decided to do, is split up the Q&A responses according to birthdays. So each month, we'll highlight the kids who have birthdays that month and showcase their responses. Be looking out for the upcoming fun!
#mixedchorus #acappella #singing #dospueblos #jazzchoir #performingarts #jazz #music #choir #dpjazzchoir